Tips for the Pool
- Bring your bathing suit, towel, eyeglass guards (if you wear glasses), nose plugs* (you’ll be upside down a lot), synthetic top or similar garment for warmth as some pool water is cold.
- Leave jewelry at home, it can break, or fall off; there’s no time to search the pool for lost charms!
- Bring a lock for the locker room.
- Leave valuables at home.
- You do not need to bring your own equipment, unless you have your own whitewater kayak you wish to learn in.
- Please be on time for all classes, especially the classroom session, as topics will not be repeated, come a few minutes early.
* Nose plugs vary and we highly reccomend paddling specific ones - some classes even provide these for you! Check out the gear section to see what we reccomend!
These are links to other clubs, organizations and fun sites involving whitewater boating. They will be reviewed on a regular basis and added to as we get suggestions from our members. So if you have a favorite boating site that you think others would enjoy, please send a note to the webmaster and we'll add it to the list!
- Aurelio's Pizza in Addison Change to cwa
- ButterCup Kayak Slalom Series
- Canadian Kayaker Home Page - Ottawa (Canadian) Whitewater
- CWA T-shirts (Cafe Press) order up a plethora of CWA themed t-shirts
- Little River Roasting Buy Gourmet Coffee and support AW
- Low Head - Dam simulator video excellent example of low head dams made by our own Marge Cline and Tom Lindblade
- New City YMCA
- Ocoee & Watauga River Release Schedules (TVA site)
- Paddlers newsgroup
- Rivers End Paddle Forum Midwestern Paddlesports Message Board, courtesy of Erik Johnson
- Swedish Canoe Page
- Vermilion River (Central IL) website by Erik Johns
- Wayne Sundmacher's Swiftwater Rescue Training webp for P.R.I. Rescue Training Specialists
More River Info
- Haunted by Waters Videos of Midwest paddling destinations in Illinois,Wisconsin, and Michigan and have also posted a number of other paddling related and international videos.
- NOAA HPC Precipitation Map Predicts rainfall amounts for up to 5 days
- USGS National River Gauge Map Color coded to show which regions have water-click on state to zoom in
- Wisconsin & Michigan River Descriptions from www.paddleguides.com