Tips for the Pool
- Bring your bathing suit, towel, eyeglass guards (if you wear glasses), nose plugs* (you’ll be upside down a lot), synthetic top or similar garment for warmth as some pool water is cold.
- Leave jewelry at home, it can break, or fall off; there’s no time to search the pool for lost charms!
- Bring a lock for the locker room.
- Leave valuables at home.
- You do not need to bring your own equipment, unless you have your own whitewater kayak you wish to learn in.
- Please be on time for all classes, especially the classroom session, as topics will not be repeated, come a few minutes early.
* Nose plugs vary and we highly reccomend paddling specific ones - some classes even provide these for you! Check out the gear section to see what we reccomend!
Kayak and Canoe Instruction
- Bear Paw Inn: Another kayak school on the Wolf River in Wisconsin - also do sea kayaks, mountain biking, and fly fishing
- Geneva Kayak Center: Local Chicago WW Gear and instruction Spring and Summer
- Low Head - Dam simulator video: excellent example of low head dams made by our own Marge Cline and Tom Lindblade
- Madawaska Kanu Centre: a popular location for workshops!
- NOC: Instruction on NC rivers.
- Wolf River Guides: - Kayak and Canoe school in White Lake, Wisconsin near the Wolf River